Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Discovering Aotearoa

Task 2
Me, I am from Bangladesh. My country has pretty much a long story so in 1971 there was a war between the Pakistan people and Bangladeshis and the war has lasted for 13 days. Pakistan's military has killed more than 300,000 people and the military has raped more than 200,000 people. Pakistan wanted to concur Bangladesh and they wanted to change Bangladeshi language Bangla Bangladeshi people thought they won't let their language get changed into Urdu. so without following the rules of police public, student , businessman, etc people came in for talking against Pakistan the military has killed 4 main students and they are salam, Rafiq , Barkat, Jabbar, and many other people. But Bangladesh has not given up they worked hard and they got their mother language back. There used to be 3 main religions they are Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam. now in Bangladesh, they are a big majority of Islamic Muslim country there is now 90% Muslim and at present Bangladesh has less then 1% Buddhist and my family has come from one of those Buddhist families.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Dhanonjoy,

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope you have been enjoying this holiday period and have had some happy moments with your whānau. I was lucky enough to get away with my son and spend some quality time with him and my immediate family. We spent a lot of time at the beach enjoying the beautiful sunshine. What have you been up to this summer?

    I was hoping to say hello to you in your spoken language but I am afraid that I am not sure how. How would I say hello and goodbye to you in your native language?

    I was blown away by the history of Bangladesh that you have shared on your blog. It is clear that you have been doing a lot of reading and are well aware of the shocking treatment of civilians in Bangladesh. It breaks my heart that this is happening around the world and somewhere that is so meaningful to you. It must have been hard writing about this kind of treatment in your home country.

    I would love to know more about what it means to you to be from Bangladesh? Does your family hold any Bangladeshi traditions? What is your favourite Bangladeshi meal that is cooked in your household?

    I cannot wait to hear from you, Dhanonjoy,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello megan
    yea its a heart breaking story and you say (kemon acho ) to say how are you and it means alot now to me as being a Bangladeshi kid ,my familly hold Bangladeshi old buddhist tradition ,my favourite bangladeshi meal is Hilsha fish
    and are you coming to community center every saturday like last year ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kemon acho Dhanonjoy,

    Thank you for sharing more about your culture. I could imagine that your culture would mean a lot to you and your family. It is great to hear that you still hold Bangladeshi traditions and cook Bangladeshi meals. What kind of meal does your family make with Hilsha Fish?

    I would love a recipe and I can try and make it for my son, Nico. He loves fish. Unfortunately, we don't have Hilsha Fish here in New Zealand but I could use your recipe with another type of fish.

    I would have loved to come to the community centre regularly again this year. But no, as I have been based at the University of Auckland and couldn't leave our computer lab. Thank you for remember about this, I wish you had come to join us last year.

    Have a great day,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for commenting and i think my mom makes a curry with the
    hilsha fish. have a good day

    ReplyDelete